June 25, 2014
Do you think its fair for someone to be denied the home of their choice because of their race, disability, or because they have kids?
Then help us end housing discrimination. Become a fair housing tester.
Housing discrimination occurs when someone is denied housing based on his or her race, national origin, religion, children or family status, disability, age, veteran status, source of income, and more. Housing discrimination is ILLEGAL.
To be eligible for free legal assistance from CLA, generally you must:
- Be low income or aged 60 or older;
- Live in central and western Massachusetts;
- Have a civil legal issue aligned with our social justice priorities.
Do not apply online if:
- You know or suspect that CLA may already be representing the other side in your case. Call us on the telephone.
- You have already applied for help for this problem. Call us on the telephone.
- You are concerned that the computer you are using may not be secure, and there is a risk that someone else may find out you have contacted legal services for help. Be aware that not all computers are secure. If you use a computer shared by others, they may be able to find out that you have applied online for legal help. Instead, call us on the telephone.